Leading legal experts on IR35, Off-payroll Working and Recruitment Law.
The Law Place Limited is a unique legal consultancy specialising in the IR35 legislation, off-payroll working, recruitment law, employment status, commercial and intellectual property matters. Areas of expertise include the defence, energy, IT and manufacturing sectors.
We are a disruptive and enlightening presence in the contracting industry, destroying myths, shining a light on bad practices and providing much needed honest and affordable legal advice. Recent work has involved advising large companies to discontinue work with incompetent managed service providers and lobbying the Government to subject the umbrella industry to stringent licensing regulation.
Our director, Martyn Valentine LLB (Hons) has provided IR35 and employment status advice since 2005.
The Law Place Limited works in conjunction with Weaver Rose Solicitors to provide a range of fully confidential legal and Human Resources services for limited company contractors, accountants, recruiters and the construction industry. We combine unique expertise in IR35 and employment status issues together with unbeatable value and turnaround time.
Our staff can apply their expert legal training, experience of reviewing hundreds of contracts for contractors and advising hundreds of recruiters to advise you quickly. Our advice is supported by access to up-to-date judgments using Lexis.
Call us now to reclaim your umbrella employment company fees.
Time waits for no man and we always aim to complete your IR35 Contract Review within ONE WORKING DAY of instruction.
- No other advisor can offer a full 24 hour / 7 days per week service giving you a competitive advantage.
- We offer highly competitive charges for commercial advice, IR35 Contract Reviews, consultancy and recruitment contracts.
- Our advice is backed up by dedicated legal professional indemnity insurance, not a generic policy any contractor can get in seconds.
- In an arena populated by contractors who advise clients that substitution is essential, insurers claiming that fancy questionnaires are a solution to the off-payroll legislation and accountants who think invoicing is the answer, we offer honest legal expertise developed since 2005. That’s reasonable care.
- Reasonable care is a legal duty – it can only be managed by getting the best specialist legal advice. Getting the wrong advice means penalties, interest or worse.
- We will ruthlessly undercut the competition for expert legal services.
- You think CEST is the answer? The only tool we use is legal training and experience.
Remember, IR35 is a legal and not an accounting issue. That’s why we are called The Law Place.
Please note, it is not possible to provide advice until The Law Place Limited has been formally instructed. We offer pro bono assistance only to those on state benefits.
“Must call Marty”
Mobile: 07788 773871
Land Line: 01323 335050
The Law Place’s director Martyn Valentine
Martyn graduated from the University of Sussex with an honours degree in Law and later completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Westminster. Martyn has also gained substantial experience in commercial management, HR, employment law, employment status and recruitment law and completed a CIPD qualification. In total Martyn has over 18 years of experience in advising on employment relations, employment status, IR35 and recruitment law. He is one of the UK’s most experienced IR35 lawyers.
In addition, Martyn has worked as a Legal Adviser for the British Dental Association and later successfully acted for many limited company contractors in contentious HM Revenue & Customs Employer Compliance Reviews. Notable successes include the famous Datagate case. More recently, Martyn has worked as a Legal Adviser for the Recruitment & Employment Confederation providing specialist advice on the IR35 legislation, employment law, commercial risk management, data protection, immigration and other issues involved in running a recruitment business.
Martyn’s other interests include evidence photography, criminal justice policy, militaria, campaign management, litigation and maritime matters.
Martyn actively supports the NHS and human rights initiatives.
Accountability and ethics statement
Martyn also advises on professional conduct and has experience in conducting investigations to reveal previous convictions and matters of public interest.
Do you have experience in IR35 advice?
If you want to be part of a successful and growing team, contact us now.